Sunday, June 21, 2009

Memoirs of Geisha - A fine read...

The part of life that touches us the most intimately are I would say the barest of all.
We conceal so much within while it's all there- spilled across at your face.
Memoirs of Geisha was a fine read, I sipped it slowly like I was having a sake myself and by the time it finished I felt I had lived a life in an Okiyo as a geisha, going through all waht Chiyo had gone through... I even felt I underwent a mitzyu, while I know very well that it was just a book. But I must confess, nothing has ever consumed me so much as this book has.
'I tried to flee my misery, but of course we can never flee the misery that is within us...'
And then the last line made me smile. I udnerstood what it means when Hilary Duff says - " Sooner than you think , life turns around..."
and I understood wht Arthur Golden chose to end it this way - "...all too soon they bleed inot a wash, just like watery ink on paper..."
I understood.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment